Millions of people are trying to break out of the alcoholism network to defeat it. After all, this disease is serious and terrible. It takes away health, leads to degradation and destroys the family.
How to stop drinking alcohol alone? Is this possible or does it require a lot of help to get rid of the bad habit?
The face of the green snake
The daily habit of drinking a glass of humor after a hard day to get rid of fatigue becomes stable and turns into a destructive passion. The person stops facing each other: he supposedly does not want to drink, but drinks out of trust. Alcohol gradually acquires the status of the main product of the human body, becoming an important energy distributor. And at this stage it is very difficult to stop drinking alone. It can be cured if several conditions are met.
- Alcohol addiction appears (it is easier to get rid of it soon).
- It develops mainly in the brain stem structures and acts on the entire SN, the treatment affects organs and systems.
- The disease takes over the metabolic processes.
- The liver begins to produce an excessive number of enzymes that break down alcohol.
Important to know!If the liver is normal, it itself is capable of producing internal alcohol. It acts on the receptors that mood hormones synthesize. With constant drinking, internal alcohol is not produced in sufficient quantities, so this process disappears completely.
This is where total dependence on a glass comes in, and it is difficult to stop drinking alone, as trying to plunge into a sober life and get rid of compulsion immediately causes boredom. A depression arises and the patient looks back at the glass. If enzymes for the breakdown of alcohol by the body are not produced and do not come from outside, the brain says it is necessary to drink! Therefore, a man cannot stop drinking alone for purely physiological reasons.
Social promiscuity or illness?
At some point, the person begins to lose the ability to adapt socially.
Most people see licentious behavior in alcoholism. It is not right. The nature of alcoholism is a real disaster, which is difficult to get rid of and stop drinking on your own. What are the symptoms of alcoholism? In alcoholism, as well as in chronic disease, the phases of exacerbations are characteristic, which are replaced by remission. The criteria for the dependency formed:
- Pathological cravings for alcohol.
- The need to drink more alcohol (get drunk).
- It is hard to believe that you should drink a little in the morning to feel good and get rid of that thought.
Alcoholics eat little, refuse food on drinking days. They have enough energy from alcohol. However, the body is low in proteins and fats, trace elements and vitamins. This causes violations of almost all systems and organs, which are very difficult to heal, so it is difficult to help yourself.
Therapeutic dose and when does withdrawal occur?
Sometimes drunkenness is considered vital by the medical profession. The lack of other means to relieve metabolic disorders, get rid of toxins, causes you to use some alcohol. Otherwise, the person may be on the edge.
The most common disease in alcoholics - cirrhosis of the liver - can be fatal.
In the last stage of alcoholism, liver functions are impaired, cirrhosis develops, the pancreas and heart muscle also suffer. It is impossible to cure them and restore their functions. Severe poisoning leads to mental disorders (delirium tremens, misleading perception and hallucinations). Quitting drinking alone is out of the question.
Constantly receiving large amounts of ethanol from outside, the body is forced to independently rebuild the metabolism in alcohol. As soon as the alcohol stops flowing and the person stops drinking, the metabolism begins to normalize. This happens slowly, slowly, but it is extremely painful. Physical and mental suffering is pronounced. Few people endure such a condition. To get rid of the agony, it is much easier for the alcoholic to pour another dose.
The mechanism of alcohol dependence is similar to that of drug addiction. The thirst for intoxication creates a desire for tomorrow's dose and, when canceled, an unpleasant state begins - abstinence. It is possible to cure this with an independent desire to stop drinking.
How to overcome addiction?
In the following steps, any treatment is constructed. These are the prerequisites for a successful healing process to get rid of alcoholism.
It is very important that family and friends support the alcoholic in his quest to stop drinking.
There are reliable and proven ways to stop drinking:
- The alcoholic must admit the problem alone.
- An addicted person must want to get rid of the harmful drink.
- The union of the patient and his family is very important.
Now you can cure the disease and stop drinking with the help of medication. There are many specialized pharmaceutical products called receptor blockers. A person after taking them drinks alcohol, but the state of joy and bliss is not enough. He gets sick, so the meaning of drinking is lost. In order to beat the green snake, it is necessary to fight not only on your own, the treatment also involves antidepressants and tranquilizers and, in case of acute aggression, antipsychotics are also indicated. A serious disadvantage of drug therapy is the symptomatic effect of drugs and the negative side effects of their use.
There are also different types of codes to get rid of alcohol addiction. This protection against alcoholism is created artificially, that is, the body's processes are invaded from outside.
I solved the problem myself!
It is very important to normalize your diet and completely change your lifestyle. It is necessary to include exercise and walking in the daily routine.
This thesis is frequently discussed by narcologists. And the answer is unmistakable: an alcoholic can get rid of the problem on his own and stop drinking. Don't let readers get the false impression that it's easy to get rid of the burden of drunkenness.
Self-treatment is associated with an acute and painful physical condition (high blood pressure, pain in the heart and stomach). Depression can be annoying. Therefore, not everyone can stop drinking alcohol on their own.
Remember!A sober life means a complete rejection of any alcohol, and non-alcoholic as well. Its smell and taste, the sight of the bottle excites, the person may even feel a slight imaginary intoxication, and this brings the collapse closer, and it becomes more difficult to cure the disease. It is worth clarifying that self-treatment does not contradict medication. On the contrary, it is necessary when contacting a narcologist.
There are practical tips from real people, and the basis is to see and understand the real enemy. Hate him and love yourself. Make a mental picture of your real achievements before illness.
How to stop drinking and win on your own:
- It is important to cleanse the blood and the whole body of "green" toxins (ethanol and its metabolites) at home. The body, of course, will remove them independently, but it will take a long time. Help him to recover, there are many ways. It is good to use oat broth (3-5 cups). Before that, do at least 2 enemas a day.
- Destroy without mercy any physical reminders and alcohol accessories (glasses, cans, empty bottles, beer and wine boxes). Wash all household items containing chlorine preparations thoroughly. It is not difficult to do this at home.
- Cutting off any relationships with fellow drinkers is the way to stop drinking on your own.
- Don't smell alcohol, don't smoke, it weakens the treatment.
- Do not go to points of sale of alcoholic beverages.
- Strictly follow the laws of dietary nutrition, do not overload the liver and digestive tract.
- Find your favorite and interesting activity (sports, swimming, skiing and cycling).
- Find like-minded people! Alcoholics Anonymous can be used.
- Realize that you need to adjust, be patient. Use the techniques of constant self-hypnosis at home. With all your strength, discard the temptations of alcohol.
When desires return and dominate the patient:
- Breathing exercises help well (oxygen enters the brain and dulls the severity of an attack of alcoholic desire).
- Fight the disease on a daily basis, do not miss any opportunity to heal.
- You need to show that you have a powerful inner core, it will prevent any attempt to drink and the treatment will be successful. This will help you to stop drinking alcohol yourself!
Infuse into a healthy life, not suddenly, but gradually, but steadily. Thus, the treatment will be more productive and it will be possible to stop drinking completely independently at home. Frequent trips to the spa with a steam sauna will not hurt. After a shower it is good to have tea, preferably with honey!
Remember!It is better to stop drinking alone at home, the rest of the methods are auxiliary means.
Don't think that these rules are simple and available at home. You will have to sweat, but this treatment will certainly work in five to six months. Trust will not come before a year! The desire for alcohol will disappear, giving up alcohol will become a reality.